Monday, August 13, 2012

Loramendi's Story by Angela Carlie

Title: Loramendi's Story (Lords of Shifter 1)
Author: Angela Carlie
Published: August 7, 2011 by CreateSpace
Number of Pages: 246

Blurb from Goodreads: Lora wants nothing more than to be the wind behind sexy windsurfer Chance's sails. But fulfilling that wish just became...complicated. After seventeen years of normal life, someone wants Lora and her family dead. And the attempted massacre isn't nearly as strange as the reason behind it.

Review: This book was definitely a shocker. When I first picked it up I expected an okay read with decent romance and sort of likable characters. This book delivered so much  more.

     Lora is an ordinary teenager, or so she thinks. However, her life takes an exciting and dangerous turn when she meets Chance . Lora is a great character. She wasn't a Mary Sue and she wasn't the type of character that mopes about how terrible her life and how she just wants to be  a normal girl. She was kind and loyal and even though she had her flaws but  overall she was a great character in the way she handled things. I loved the fact that she didn't become judgmental when her best friend comes back completely different she just accepts the new her.
       Chance was sweet. I was a little weary of him at first , I mean he was a little too perfect, but taking into consideration that he's an actual  prince from  a fairy-tale land, I guess his behavior was correct was his character. The thing that set me off a little was their relationship. I mean it was fast paced. I have nothing against insta-love as a matter of fact I really like the whole soul-mate love at first sight story-line but in my opinion there needs to be a development to the relationship and a really good reason for intense feelings. Luckily, the romance wasn't the main focus of the book so it wasn't a major issue.
    The plot was hard to describe. It's different from most of the shifter books in that it has a fairy-tale feel to it, but it was also similar to many YA books out there in the way it progressed. Girl sees hot boy, girl finds out hot boy likes her, girl goes on date with hot boy and realizes that he's different, girl realizes that her family has been keeping secrets from her and that she has powers, girl faces bad guy and realizes she has to save her world. So yeah the plot wasn't overly original but it was good nonetheless.
    This book definitely has similarities to Twilight but it's definitely not Twilight 2.0. So I would recommend this book for those that both like Twilight and don't.

   This book gets  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna