Monday, August 20, 2012

Grasping at Eternity ( The Kinderly Series 1) by Karen Amanda Hooper

Title: Grasping at  Eternity (The Kinderly Series 1)
Author: Karen Amanda Hooper
Published:May 25th 2012 by Starry Sky Publishing
Number of Pages: 368

Blurb from Goodreads: Leave it to Maryah Woodsen to break the one rule that will screw up eternity: Never erase your memories. 

Before entering this life, Maryah did the unthinkable—she erased. Now, at seventeen years old, she’s clueless that her new adoptive family has known her for centuries, that they are perpetually reincarnated souls, and that they have supernatural abilities. Oh, and she's supposed to love (not despise) Nathan, the green-eyed daredevil who saved her life.

Nathan is convinced his family’s plan to spark Maryah's memory is hopeless, but his love for her is undying. After spending (and remembering) so many lifetimes together, being around an empty version of his soulmate is heart shattering. He hates acting like a stalker, but has no choice because the evil outcast who murdered Maryah in their last lifetime is still after her.

While Maryah’s hunter inches closer, she and Nathan make assumptions and hide secrets that rip them further apart. Maryah has to believe in the magic within her, Nathan must have faith in the power of their love, and both need to grasp onto the truth before they lose each other forever—and discover just how lonely eternity can be. 


Review:  What would you do if the person you were put on Earth to love and spent a few lifetimes with didn't remember you? Would you hope and fight? Or would you accept the fact that they will never again be yours?
         I love soulmates which is why this book kept on breaking my heart over and over and over and over again. (yes my heart broke that much) This  was such a bitter sweet book and I felt so bad for Nathaniel for most of the book. I mean he pretty much accepted the fact that he will be alone for the rest of eternity and every time he interacts with Maryah it's like pouring salt on a wound. My heart broke for him every time. He is the perfect guy. He's caring, loving, a total gentleman he's just an amazing guy. He is the type of guy every girls dreams of ending up with. So, yeah I totally adored him which is why every time he was hurting I just wanted to reach in and hug him.
    Maryah was in a way a typical character. She didn't want to believe certain things but then again I don't think I would either. I mean that's the kind of thing that might get you checked in into a mental hospital. Even though I kind  of wanted to shake her for causing pain to Nathaniel, I understand that she didn't remember who she was for most of the book so I didn't give into the urge to strangle her.   That aside she did grow into a pretty cool character and well once she remembers Nate she becomes a total lovable character. This is a side note but I totally loved how loyal she was. I want this girl to be my friend she may not be the awesomest heroine at times but  she's an amazing friend 100% of the time.
   The Romance. I love Soul Mates. I think I said that already so even though Maryah and Nathaniel don't get together for a while when they do... it's the toe curling, giant smile on your face, and squeal like a fan-girl kind of romance. However, another good aspect in the romance is seen in Nathaniel's pov. I mean you can feel how much he loves her and you can feel his pain which makes this book great.
  The pl0t shocked me a little, it was kind of unexpected. So if you're a hopeless romantic like me get this book. It's a must read.


   This book gets:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the sweet review. It put a big smile on my face. I love that you wanted Maryah to be your friend. <3 She is fiercely loyal and I adore that about her.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked my review and thank you for writing such an awesome book :) Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna