Monday, August 13, 2012

Harmony by Sonya Bria

Title: Harmony(Kingdom of Souls 1)
Author: Sonya Bria
Published: June 1, 2012 by Cambio Publishing
Number of Pages: 234

Blurb from Goodreads: A Curse.
It started with a curse centuries ago placed upon the House of Ulster:

One more powerful than I will come,
She alone will break the spell.
With her as guide the dark will align.

Destiny.
If someone told you that you were the key to an ancient tragedy, what would you do?

Sophie is a high school senior with only two things on her mind, graduating from Jefferson High, and moving on, leaving the death of her mother firmly in the past. But the past is not done with Sophie, and she finds herself suddenly thrust into a tragic, Irish love story centuries old. Does she have the strength to accept her part, confront her own past, and rely on someone long forgotten?

Ian is a vampire with only one thing on his mind...Sophie. For years, he has watched over Sophie, and protected her from the darkness surrounding her mother's death. He would like nothing more than to forget the past, but his fate lies with Sophie and her destiny. Can he help Sophie confront her nightmares and not fall in love?

Choices.
Sophie and Ian will discover that they also have a connection-something that could bind them together forever or rip them apart. What will they choose?

Only time will tell.

This is their story.

Review: Harmony, what can I say I have very mixed feelings about this book. I think for the most part I did enjoy it, and it's definitely a must read if you are into paranormal romance, however often times I was a little confused with what was happening in the book. I was confused with the mix of legends, the curse from the beginning of the book, the spirits. I was really confused. I still don't know who is rooting for what in the story. It was short which made it fast paced so I guess it makes sense that the events in the books would move well... fast. Sophie is a pretty cool heroine but I really didn't understand that much about who she was. Ian well he was a vampire which automatically makes him dark, gloomy and mysterious, but other than that I'm not sure what to say about him. He's sweet, protective, caring and super nice but he didn't make me squeal. Now I have nothing against insta-love, or love at first sight, which by the way isn't the case here, but the relationship was  fast moving, but like I said it was a pretty short book so I have to take that into perspective. However I do think there could have been more development to theor reationship. The plot is interesting even if it is a little bit predictable( well some parts, some parts I was like what in the name of baby jesus is going on.) This book definitely has potential but there were so many things that didn't make sense.  Also the ending annoyed me, for real it was a terrible ending.

    Thus this book gets 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna