Thursday, August 23, 2012

Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram

Title: Being Jamie Baker
Author: Kelly Oram
Published: June 14, 2012 by Bluefields
Number of Pages: 353

Blurb from Goodreads: An accident that should end in tragedy instead gives seventeen-year-old Jamie Baker a slew of uncontrollable superhuman abilities. To keep her secret safe Jamie socially exiles herself, earning the title of Rocklin High's resident ice queen. But during a supercharged encounter with star quarterback Ryan Miller she literally kisses anonymity goodbye. Now the annoyingly irresistible Ryan will stop at nothing to melt the heart of the ice queen and find out what makes her so special. Unfortunately, Ryan is not the only person on to her secret. Will Jamie learn to contain her unstable powers before being discovered by the media or turned into a government lab rat? More importantly, can she throw Ryan Miller off her trail before falling in love with him?

Review: This is the type of book you would read just to have fun reading. I warn you straight away this is not the book to read if you want your books to have deep meanings and clever motifs. This is a light, cliche. funny read, that I totally loved. 
    Jamie was a bit whinny but I mean I think I would whine a little if I was in her shoes. Then again maybe not actually definitely not I mean I would so put those powers to some use. Like if you can run the country in ten minutes well let's just say I would never be bored again. Jamie moped around a bit, complained a bit but to be fair she was a teenager if I ever knew one and well I am one so I know a few teenagers to say the least.  She wasn't the world's greatest heroine but she did grow through the novel and even managed to make friends with the people she pretty much despised.
   Ryan pretty much made this book. I mean I loved this guy. He was the best part. He was protective and funny and well I admit totally cocky and egoistic and arrogant but I loved that about him. I loved how even though Jamie kept pushing him away and telling him no and telling him to get lost and accidentally( well sometimes accidentally) shock him literally shock this guy just kept coming back I mean there was a part in the book where I really started considering that the guy was a masochist. He wasn't though he just really loved Jamie.
   I have to admit even though the plot wasn't mind-blowing I was still shocked with the twist. It was definitely an I-didn't-see-that-one-coming-moment. This was a totally cliche book but it's still a type of book you could curl up with when it's raining and you're feeling down.

  So I give this book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna