Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Mayfair Moon by J.A. Redmerski

Title: Mayfair Moon
Author: J.A. Redmerski
Published: February 6, 2012
Number of Pages: 352

 Blurb from Goodreads:After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister, but gains the love of a mysterious young man and his legendary family.

Strange and tragic things begin to happen in the small town of Hallowell, Maine: residents come down with an unexplainable ‘illness’ and some disappear. In the midst of everything, Isaac Mayfair is adamant about keeping Adria safe, even from her sister whom he has warned her to stay away from.
As unspeakable secrets unfold all around Adria, impossible choices become hers to bear. Ultimately, no matter what path she takes, her life and the lives of those she loves will be in peril. As she learns about the werewolf world she also learns why her place in it will change the destinies of many.


 Review:)   I really liked this book. It was great from the characters to the plot to the writing everything about this book was amazing.
       The Main Character- Adria was awesome. I don't feel like she suffered from the TSTL syndrome that many YA heroines suffer these days. I feel like even though her life wasn't great she was immensely loyal to her family. I really hated her mom, but I appreciated that Adria didn't become an angst ridden teen angry at the world. Now granted at times she did do some pretty stupid things but i think the flaws in her character were there to make her seem more relatable. 
 The Love Interest- So I have to admit I loved Isaac from like the first moment we are introduced to him. Even though at first he appeared as a bit of a man slut... well okay he appeared as a giant manslut, but I felt that he really was an amazing guy beneath that and I was really happy that i was right. I mean Isaac is very swoon-worthy. He has that right amount of possessiveness and love for Adria that you will love him and anyway the whole Alpha thing is kind of hot.
 The Plot- I feel like many books for YA are overshadowed by teenagers high and hormones. Not to say I dont love romance in m books, I mean i kind of love for the spine chilling totally amazing romance in books but I also want an actual plot. Mayfair Moon had a great plot from Alex and the whole situation with her to Aramei and the situation with her and how she is involved at the end.

  So I definitely recommend this books to people who love both a good romance read about werewolves as well as a developed plot.  Also the next book in the series Kindered is coming out tomorrow. Yay!!!!!

  So this great book gets: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna