Monday, July 23, 2012

Remembrance by Michelle Meadow

Title: Remembrance
Author: Michelle Meadow
Published:July 27th 2011 by Dreamscape Publishing
Number of Pages: 314
Blurb from Goodreads:  Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet.

Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she get him out of her mind?

Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, fighting fate isn't going to be easy.


 Review:  Okay so I was supposed to read Between the Lines  by Jodi Picoult, but I still can't get my hands on the book. :'(  . So I decided to read remembrance as a way to take up time before I can get Between the Lines, however this book was nothing like what I expected and I can barely contain myself from squealing This is the kind of books that leaves you with a big smile and your face and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy :) . This book had a heroine that isn't pathetic or stupid( you have no idea have rare that is these days... well actually some of you readers out there have a pretty good idea.) Lizzie is just an average high school  junior. She has a best friend and a not so great boyfriend. All that changes when Drew arrives, and she starts having flashbacks of a past life a life that she shared with Drew. However, Drew made it very clear he wants nothing to do with her, however Lizzie isn't the one to just give up.
   So first I'll start with the boyfriend, Jeremy. He annoyed the baby kitties out of me. I mean this kid was just a terrible boyfriend. I don't even know how Lizzie could stand this guy. That's it he was terrible I have nothing else to say about him. Oh, except he had the sex appeal of a hippo. (yeah I went there :) )
  Drew on the other hand was totally amazing, that is when he wasn't being hot and cold. Even though I understand why he acted the way he did he was a bit annoying in the beginning. He manages to become completely swoon worthy by the end of the book though.
    There wasn't a big plot to the novel but the events that did occur bring up a lot of questions. Can you really change fate? If you were given a second chance would you take it and risk heartbreak? Can people really change?
 I enjoyed the points this book brought up and it was a good and easy read that I really enjoyed.


  So this book gets 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna