Thursday, July 19, 2012

Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Shadows
Author:Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: February 21.2012 Entanglement Publishing
Number of Pages: 179

Blurb from Goodreads:The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.

Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.

Review: First let me just start of by saying I love the cover. I mean the guy on it is hot. Don't you agree? Now on to the actual review. I am so glad I picked up Shadows and met Dawson. He is exactly opposite of Daemon in so many ways. I loved the story. Shadows leads us to understand why Daemon behaves the way he does in Obsidian and  also explains all the details of the story between Dawson and Bethany. We meet Dawson in Shadows who is identical to Daemon in every way except for their attitudes. Where Daemon is a jerk Dawson is sweet. When Bethany, the new girl comes to town Dawson immediately  feels drawn to her. Even though Daemon thinks he shouldn't pay attention to the human girl Dawson can't help himself. I really liked the two of them together. They were perfect for each other. I was so sad reading some of the sweeter moments in this book because  I knew what I was getting into reading this book. The ending still had me crying though. Especially the seen with Dee and Daemon. Actually I'm tearing up a little just thinking about it. Shadows is a perfect lead in into Onyx. 
  By the way Daemon is still my favorite brother( sorry Dawson.)

   Anyway this book gets...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna