Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Curse Girl by Kate Avery Ellison

Title: The Curse Girl
Author: Kate Avery Ellison
Published: May 14, 2012
Number of Pages: 194

Blurb from Goodreads: When Bee is imprisoned in a magical, cursed house because of her father's selfish choices, she has just one plan... escape! But she must solve a riddle and help her fellow prisoners break the curse that binds them all before she can leave, and that is proving more difficult than she originally thought thanks to the bitter young master of the house, Will.

Will wants nothing to do with Bee or her help (and he certainly isn't planning on falling in love with her), but he might have underestimated just how determined and clever--and irresistible--she can be.


 Review:  I love fairy tale retelling and this retelling of Beauty and the Beast was great as it was definitely a new take on a well known story. This modern retelling is  a short easy read that kept me entertained.
   Bee got on my nerves a little in the beginning. I guess you could say she was a typical teenager. She was a bit selfish and stubborn. Luckily that cleared up pretty quickly in the novel. Will was a jerk in the beginning and he was definitely cold towards Beauty but to be fair he was wrongfully cursed and the time to break the curse was running out so you really can't blame the guy for being frustrated. The relationship between them was funny to read about. It definitely wasn't insta-love. It was actually like a hate turn love relationship. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:
                                   ""You’re ruining that book!” He pointed to the page I’d torn out. “That’s a perfectly good book!”

Holding his gaze, I reached down and ripped another page out. “I’m making roses.”
“Well, it’s my book.”
“Sorry.” I tore out another."
Yep like I said it's a pretty funny relationship. They actually learn to be polite towards each other in the novel and well as you probably already guessed even fall in love.
  As for the plot it was definitely different  from the original. There were some twists that you could see from like the second they were introduced and then there were some that really surprised me. Overall, this is a great read for those that like a light and entertaining read.  

  So I give this book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna