Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Parallel by Claudia Lefeve

Title: Parallel
Author:Claudia Lefeve
Published: August 26th 2011 by Sugar Skull Books
Number of Pages: 264
   Blurb from Goodreads:Saddled with powers she doesn't understand, Etta Fleming's world is turned upside-down the day she meets Cooper Everett, the man who transports her to an alternate reality. A reality she was meant to be a part of. 

One minute, she's an orphan living at Dominion House for Girls, an institution for delinquent foster kids, then finds herself attending the exclusive Dominion Hall Academy. 

Plucked from the only world she's ever known, Etta now has to deal with an aunt she never knew, a boyfriend she doesn't know, and a best friend who can't know.


  Review: Okay so I just have to say that I totally love the cover. It's so pretty and it has almost an antique feel  to it, so I definitely give props to whoever made the cover, in my opinion its a job well done. Now on to the actual review.
   So when I think about anything being parallel I usually think of  lines that don't intersect, it's a pretty simple idea.Yeah, Parallel  was so not simple ( And yes I really needed to highlight it to make my point.) l It was like a million lines are scribbled together in a giant mess where you have no idea what is going on but I really liked it. It was so different that I totally put up with not having any idea what in the world was happening for more than half of the book. In Parallel, there isn't just one dimension there are hundreds of them and they can be those of the past, present and future. Then there are people called Travelers who can... well travel? between different dimensions. Oh and all the dimensions are really similar. This is pretty much the short and easy explanation of the universe in the book, however it's a lot more confusing in the book.
   Etta is our heroine and she's pretty cool. I didn't really love her but I enjoyed having her as a heroine. She is an orphan that has always been in the wrong place at the wrong time, or so she thinks. Bad things just happen when she's around and it may be caused by her but she can't be sure. So she keeps to herself and does what she needs to survive.
  Cooper. I don't know what to say about him because well it's a really long story and I can't go into it without giving anything away. I guess I could say that he's a traveler who has to bring Etta back to the dimension she was actually born in, which by the way isn't the dimension he's from, see how the relationship could get, well  for the lack of a better term, insanely confusing. However that only scratches the top, their relationship is a lot more confusing.
  The plot itself was interesting. We have Etta trying to fit in into her old life, without having any idea how things run in this dimension. She has a best friend, a potential boyfriend she doesn't remember ever having a relationship with and a queen-bee in school who hates her, ( but who doesn't deal with one of those.) Nothing is revealed in the plot until the end of the book, at which point when everything gets revealed, you will get even more confused. I was taring at the book for about an hour after I finished it trying to figure what just happened. Yeah, I got even more confused trying to un-confuse myself.  
   Overall this is a good book. It has a great premise and if you don't mind getting confused to the point where your brain is fuming then this book is for you :) And if you decide to read it, e-mail me/message me and maybe we'll make some sense of what happened at the end of the book.


   So this book gets  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna