Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Collector ( Dante Walker 1) by Victoria Scott

Title: The Collector ( Dante Walker 1)
Author: Victoria Scott
Published: March 25, 2013 by Entangled Teen
Number of Pages: 352

Blurb from Goodreads:He makes good girls...bad. 

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried.


Review:   Hallelujah!!!!!!   We finally have a book written from a purely guy perspective and an entertaining, hilarious sexy perspective at that.Dante puts sexy mofo in.... well in sexy mofo. This guy is something else. So I'm starting my review with him, because let's face the reason you  are considering this book is because you  want to see if Dante is as bad as the blurb makes him out to be. Well, let me tell you he is so much more badass and so much better.
       You know why I’m the best Collector? Because I know how to play the game. I play to win.” 
    Dante is hell's best... and hottest. He's the guy every person hates and every girl wants. He was also annoying as hell (lol) in the beginning of the book, I wanted to slap, kick, punch,beat up, murder, make-out with him for the better part of the book. He was bad and we're talking actually bad not just that you should stay away from me I'm bad for you kind of bad, we're talking this guy wants to drag your soul to hell kind of bad. I hated what he did to Charlie, he saw her as nothing of importance until he got to know her. Now that's were I actually fell in love with Dante and not just in love. Dante starts to see how amazing Charlie really is and becomes so protective of her and he falls in love with her. Nothing could compare to Dante realizing he would rather suffer the nine levels of hell that take something from Charlie. Well okay maybe his one liners were a lot more fun but he became such an amazing caring guy and once you get past all that douchebagginess, he was just a confused kid angry at the world.  
     Charlie. I loved her but there were times when I wanted to give her a good shake. She was sweet,caring, adorable but she was also to trusting and naive for her own good. She wanted to see the light in everyone which is a good thing but she didn't realize how things like that could hurt her. I think she needed to grow a backbone and really stand up, if she did that she would literally be the perfect heroine, Don't get me wrong Charlie was amazing but she's kind of heroine that you want to see stand up for herself and become a genuine badass (I'm hoping Dante will bring that out in her in the next book.)
    The one liners in this book were to die for.
                          "In this trunk," she says with a serious face, "is God's gift to women."
                                   "Chocolate?"
                                   "No."
                                   "Midol?"
                                   "What? No."
                                    "Tampons?"
                                    "Stop guessing," she says.

  See what I mean? Ugh why am I still talking everything about this book is amazing, stop reading and go and get it. 
 P.S. If I didn't know any better I would think that Daemon had a brother he wasn't telling us about.. I mean really these guys couldn't be more alike.
    I give this awesome-sauce book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna