Sunday, April 7, 2013

Forgotten (Fate 1) by Sarah J. Pepper

Title: Forgotten ( Fate 1)
Author: Sarah J. Pepper
Published: October 5, 2012 by Neximus Publishing
Number of Pages: 396

Blurb from Goodreads:His perseverance unnerved me, scrutinizing my every move like a twisted guardian angel. Jace waited patiently for me to join him. Like he knew my defiance would crumble under his intense gaze, which was exactly why I avoided him…until twilight. He hijacked my dreams and proved to be a different kind of nightmare – unhinged, rebellious, and dangerously mouth-watering.
“Escape from reality, Gwyneth. Sometimes life can be too painful to live in, even for immortals,” Jace whispered in my dream. His heat, fervor, and unrelenting confidence resonated around me when he closed the gap between us. His lips hovered above mine, waiting for me to give into him.
***
Gwyneth’s chronicle began long before she witnessed her family being brutally murdered and lost her sight. Living as an orphan, her world is anything but black and white. She sees her vivid future that promises suffering and death. Cursed with these visions, Gwyneth pretends to be like everyone else, until a dangerously charismatic, young man walks into her life. From the moment Jace lays eyes on her, he refuses to believe Gwyneth is normal. He knows information about her past that only a psychopathic stalker could dig up. He reveals her dirty secrets. Unbeknownst details of Gwyneth’s former life unfurl.
Unsure of what to believe, Gwyneth searches for answers that lead to her inconceivable fate. However, the ancient truth she uncovers is more dangerous than any high school romance she’d bargained for. Gwyneth is drug into an inevitable battle brewing between immortal Gods and ageless Hunters – both of which have sworn to swear to kill her if deemed necessary.


Review: This book had potential to be amazing, but it fell somewhat flat on the carry out. Gwyneth a living s semi-normal life with her foster parents. She can only see outlines of gray, until she meets Jace. He is a bright white spot in a world of grey. Literally. It's just too bad her makes he nauseous, clammy, tired and well just sick. And he also makes her want to kill him as soon as he opens his mouth. And then there's that part of her that wants to kiss him like he's a missing part of her soul despite the other two.
    I like how the author describes Gwenyth's vision. I could actually understand and see how she sees things so that part was great.
    Jace was the best part of the whole novel. His attitude and comments made me want to slap him...right after I finished making out with him that is ( Whaaaaaaat?) However, I don't really understand what he is and that's my one big issue with this book, it left me so confused. Why is Jace working for Anelee if she basically killed the person he loved a few lifetimes ago and then stole something that was so important to her? And I know I'm talking in riddles but I don't want spoilers. Then, why does Analee need Deino? I mean she already tortured and killed her once. Also the whole Marco thing? I just didn't understand anything that was happening towards the end of the book. I actually checked to see if my kindle was missing parts because like a really major event would happen and then it would just be overlooked and not explained. Like towards the end, Analee should want to kill Gwyneth and yet that part was never addressed.  I don't know maybe my Kindle was spazzing because I swear this left me so confused about the whole deity and Fates world.
   I give this novel 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna