Monday, April 1, 2013

Descension (The Mystic Series 1) by B.C. Burgess

Title: Descension ( The Mystic Series 1)
Author: B.C. Burgess
Published: March 27, 2013 by Bandit Publishing
Number of Pages: 324
Blurb from Goodreads: A Magical Journey of Epic Romance 

Layla
After three years caring for her dying mother, Layla Callaway learns she was adopted under unusual circumstances. Following a cryptic message to seek her birth family in Oregon, Layla uproots her life to find out the truth about her past. And herself.

Quin
Quin's natural charisma is attractive to plenty of women, but he longs for the one he's been dreaming of his entire life. When that day arrives, not only is he breathless, he's confronted with the challenge of a lifetime - an innate need to keep her safe and forever by his side.

The Enemy
Through manipulation and dark magic, Agro uses the powers of others to elevate his supremacy and wealth. When he discovers Layla didn't die at birth, he sets out to find and possess her.

Stretching from coast to coast and teeming with loathed villains and beloved heroes, The Mystic Series is rich with emotion, magic and intrigue. Whether the reader is laughing, crying or falling in love, they'll find themselves invested in Layla's fate through the rich dialogue and emotionally driven characters that weave the web of this fiery tale.

Review: Hey guys, so I've been on book break like the past few weeks. I know, I know it's terrible but to my defense I didn't have time to read and also I couldn't find a book that grabbed my attention. I would read the blurb and hate it or read the blurb and be like Mehhhhh and I really wanted to find a synopsis that blew me away. A few did but then you check the release date and its due to be out in like Ummmm I don't know year 3013!!!! Okay so I'm exaggerating a little bit, but still the release date was a long time away.
    I saw this book and I really didn't know how I felt about it because the blurb doesn't really give that much away. Going into it I expected the typical average girl meets her soulmate they fall in love some bad guy tries to steal her and make her his, our hot and sweet hero saves the heroine. The End they live happily ever after. Well wasn't I shocked this book was so different.
    Layla was a decent heroine. She moves cross country after the death of her mother and a mysterious message she leaves behind. She immediately meets Quin who she is drawn to ( and no they are not soulmates... or atleast not yet, or maybe I don't know this book does the whole soulmate thing differently so we don't know anything.)   Layla learns she is a witch and a powerful one at that and then this is where her story sort of drops off and her parent's story comes in.
    If I really had to point out the love story in this book it would be between Layla's parents and not between Layla and Quin because theirs is more just starting but with her parents we get the whole journey which left me in tears. Rose's amd Aedens story was bittersweet and that's all I'm saying my lips are sealed.
   Quin was cute and he was friedly but we really didn't get that much into his personality.  I really want my hopes about him and Layla to come true I would be so pissed if they aren't.
     This book was magical and really different.
I give this novel 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna