Friday, December 7, 2012

V is for Virgin by Kelly Oram

Title: V is for Virgin
Author:Kelly Oram
Published: December 11, 2012 by Bluefields
Number of Pages: 360

Blurb from Goodreads: When Val Jensen gets dumped for her decision to stay a virgin until marriage, the nasty breakup goes viral on YouTube, making her the latest internet sensation. 

After days of ridicule from her peers, Val starts a school-wide campaign to rally support for her cause. She meant to make a statement, but she never dreamed the entire nation would get caught up in the controversy. 

As if becoming nationally recognized as “Virgin Val” isn’t enough, Val’s already hectic life starts to spin wildly out of control when bad boy Kyle Hamilton, lead singer for the hit rock band Tralse, decides to take her abstinence as a personal challenge.

How can a girl stay true to herself when this year’s Sexiest Man Alive is doing everything in his power to win her over?

 Review: As soon as I saw the blurb for this book I wanted it. I mean come on you have a girl who swore to herself to keep her virginity, a hot lead singer who made it his goal to make sure she does just the opposite oh and the fact that the whole country is watching where  this is going to go landed this book on my to read list. That's exactly why I was ecstatic when the amazing Kelly Oram provided me with an ARC for review. Thanks so much.
     Now on to the actual review. This was a great, lighthearted read that has an amazing moral. We have a main character who promised herself something and wont budge from that principle. It was great to see her do that. The entire school was mocking her but she managed to hold her head high and instead of budging from her belief she decided to spread what she believed in. I loved Val. She had her faults, she definitely wasn't a perfect character but that made her really easy to relate to. Most if not all teenagers have been in her shoes. I loved what example she set for girls reading this book.
     Kyle was a jerk, douchebag, jackass but he was amazing. He was really funny and even though you wanted to slap him most of the time you could see where he was coming from, in a way I guess.  Also he was ridicilously hot which automatically makes him great. I mean this guy was named "Sexiest Man Alive" that has to say something. I need to say for Val to keep turning him down... she really was set on what she wanted.He tried really hard to get Val to give it up and I loved how you can see how she starts to change his opinions. She makes him a better guy.
   I didn't know what to expect with this book. Kelly Oram kept me guessing until literally the last line in the book. That was a jaw dropper for me. It was one of those did that really happen moments? It was totally great either way go check out this book if you're looking for a fun light read.

   I give this book 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna