Thursday, December 27, 2012

Elfin (The Elfin 1) by Quinn Loftis

Title: Elfin (The Elfin 1)
Author: Quinn Loftis
Published: December 23, 2012

Blurb from Goodreads:Before tonight Cassie Tate’s biggest concerns were whether she could pass Algebra and how she was going to keep Elora, her best friend, from dressing her in a skimpy fairy costume for Halloween. Her feet were firmly planted in suburban reality and she had no reason to believe her life would be anything but that of a typical teenager. That is until tonight, when Cassie saw something that no human was ever supposed to see; in the blink of an eye she was thrown into the world of the Light and Dark Elves.

He comes from a realm where light and dark have fought for millennia. He is of a race known to humans only in myths and legends. The darkness that lives inside him is a part of both who and what he is and it makes him the most gifted spy and assassin in the history of his time. His life is not his own; he lives in the service of the Dark Elf King. He slays who he must, has mercy on no one, is relentless in his hunt, and never tires of seeing his prey fall. He is Triktapic, assassin, spy, most feared of the Dark Elves.

Now, in the midst of his King’s complicated plans to expand the Dark Elves’ holdings into the mortal realm, for the first time, Trik finds his loyalties divided. For no Elf, Dark or Light, can turn away from their Chosen.

Unbeknownst to the mortal realm, the battle between Light and Dark is being brought to their doorstep. The only one who can keep it at bay holds darkness in his heart like a lover, and the one who can sway that heart must decide if she can look beyond his black past, beyond his evil nature and see the man he is destined to be.

The question must be asked, does love really cover a multitude of sins? Can true love actually conquer all or will his darkness consume those around him until all that stands is an assassin with the blood of the mortal realm on his hands?

Review: I am a giant fan of soul mates so as soon as I read the blurb and it talked about someone's Chosen, I just had to have this book. There was no questioning it. I needed it. And lucky for me I didn't have to wait to long to get this amazing, out of this world, gut wrenching, laugh your butt off funny and unbelievable sweet read. 
    Cassie was amazing. She was funny, down to earth and just a cool heroine. I loved how she wanted to find some good in Trik even though that stubborn elf kept on trying to convince her there was nothing good about him. She was sweet and she was just innocent. That's why the beginning of this book confused me, but in a good way. You know how books usually run, the innocent heroine falls for the dark, brooding and mysterious hero that everyone thinks is evil or he should be evil, but the hero is actually good. Like the hero will fight demons and try to save the world and do good and well I guess just do hero stuff. We're used to that, because we think that our pure heroine deserves a pure hero, good should be with good right? Well, that's not exactly the story here. Trik is evil. He tortured, killed, cares about no one(until he met Cassie at least), self centered,  gets what he wants and doesn't care who pays for it, Oh and he is the dark elf which basically makes him SUPEREVIL!!!!!! (if my description wasn't good enough) . So why does he get our innocent, sweet heroine? How can she love a man who claims that he loves being evil? I think that's one of the many things that make this book so amazing. It's the different take on what love is. You can love someone no matter what their past was like.
     Okay so with that little rant out of the way let's move on to something more interesting and by interesting I mean hot. Like Trik hot. This guy had me fanning myself with my kindle, can I just say. His devilish smirks and dirty remarks just... ugh they made my day .However, beneath  the bad boy persona there was such a sweet, caring guy that I though my heart would melt. He loves Cassie so much and was just so willing to change for her. I loved their relationship. It was perfect, they fought and things were hard at times but they understood each other and always were willing to compromise or forgive. It was great.
    As for the plot? Well there was a part where my kindle almost learned to fly because I was so agitated. This is the kind of book that keeps you on your toes. First you're all happy and smiling and feeling all warm and fuzzy and the next thing you know you're throwing the book across the room in a fit of rage, then you're all happy again for a little while before Quinn Loftis decides to rip out you're heart and have you sobbing into a pillow. But just when you think all is lost the storm clouds pass away and you're all happy again. Then end the book with a snappy remark and you have me thinking that I'm missing some pages. Not because there's that killer cliffhanger or anything but just because you don't want to believe that a book that good just ended. 
   There are always those books that when they end you feel like you lost a friend. Yeah this is definitely one of those books.

  I give this awesome read 

1 comment:

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna