Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rocked Under( Rocked 1) by Cora Hawkes

Title: Rocked Under( Rocked 1)
Author: Cora Hawkes
Published: December 31, 2012 by Cora Hawkes
Number of Pages: 279

Blurb from Goodreads:Falling in love isn't always easy or pleasant. The intense and angst-filled story of Emma and Scott is a painful, gut-wrenching and exhausting portrayal of how hard it can be to let go...

Picking up the pieces and starting again in the US, Emma enrols in college with her cousin, Ashley. She is finally free to do what she wants and live how she chooses, and no man will ever rule her decisions or emotions again.

That is, until Scott Mason walks on stage...

Intense bad boy Scott is the lead singer of a popular local rock band. A ladies’ man and Ashley's long-time friend, Scott holds an instant fascination for Emma — she finds herself drawn to him, even though he represents everything she hates and needs to stay away from in a guy. He treats females like he does a cigarette — light it, use it, and lose it. 

For her cousin's sake, Emma makes an effort to get along with Scott, but she soon discovers that there is more to him than first appears, making him even more dangerous in her eyes. Behind the façade of friendship, jealousy, obsession, fear and insecurity fester — an internal battle rages as she fights her attraction and does everything she can to stop history from repeating itself.

One thing she knows for sure is that if she breaks her rule, it may destroy her.

Warning: Contains mature content — recommended age 17+.


Review: Ugh I don't know how I'm feeling about this book. I loved the ending like it was perfect but the book itself just pissed me off. It went something like:
      Emma: I want Scott so bad  but I can't wan him he's wrong for me. I'm going to go get with this other guy I have no feelings for. But noo I want Scott but I'm going to be bitchy and turn him down every time he starts  opening up to me.
    Scott: I want Emma so bad but no I'm going to get with every girl in this town and her entire family and I'm going to hook up with everything that has boobs just to make her feel bad. Then I'm going to go and tell her how much I want her and after she turns me down I'm first going to be a dick and then a really good friend.

   I mean don't get me wrong the concept was great and I love a good sexual tension I mean come on who doesn't but with this book it was too much Emma was downright cruel to Scott at certain points in the novel.
   She has serious daddy issues but that does not give her the excuse to send mixed signals to Scott while dating another guy who she has no feelings for whatsoever and describes him as "safe" safe" who wants safe when you're in love. Well I think you can guess how that relationship went. I wanted to literally scream and slap her at certain points in the novel.  

"Really? You can't stand to see me with Ad! It eats away at you that I prefer Ad to you and the fact that-" I looked him up and down with a sneer, "you're not good enough for me." Emma
 Could this girl be any more mean? I mean she says this meanwhile like five minutes ago she was mentally dry humping the guy. Also I hate how she dates one guy and strings the other along like really? Settle for one honey.
   And Scott isn't faultless either. Yes he is hot. Yes he is a bad boy. Yes I wanted him... What?! I didn't say that but he was a major dick for most of the novel. He did a fair share of toying with Emma's emotions and made some major mistakes. They were like the worlds most messed up couple. I don't even think I can say couple though because they got together at the last page of the book. It was like 278 pages of torture and verbal tennis and mixed feelings and one page of finally admitting what the reader knew from page one. 
Hallelujah!!!!!
I think I want to see where the book will go mainly because the ending left it pretty open and pretty positive. So I mean maybe Emma will go through a de-bitchiness  process in the next book.


I give this book
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna