Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole

Blurb from Goodreads: I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring. 
Until this year. 

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes. 
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise. 
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.

Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference? 

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl. 
My heart just might be crazy.

Review:  Okay so first I have to say I loved the cover I mean I totally loved it. The girl looks exactly like Reece an d the passport is such a cute touch. Also the quote is one of my favorite quotes by Reece so it's really adorable that they put it on the cover. Anyway on to the actual review.
     Alright bear with me I'm going to use the word "cute" a lot, but this was such a cute book.
        Reece is such a fun character and I mean this girl is just hilarious. I was dying of laughter half the time reading some of the things that go through her head. However, I think what I loved about her more is that she wouldn't lie to herself. She knew she wanted Dante and she wasn't going  to try and convince herself she wasn't interested, I though that was really awesome of her. However, she did have one minor flaw she tended to jump to quick conclusions. There was a point where I wanted to grab her and be all like " Girl just hear the poor guy out will ya? Let him finish before you decide if what he is trying to say is what you think he is saying." However, that characteristic was redeemed by the fact that she wouldn't walk around sullen and offended when she was wrong forgave pretty easily.
     Dante... I think I'm going to start traveling more often if I get to meet a guy like Dante. He was a total gentleman and really his only flaw was that he worked to hard to please everybody else. However, once he decided what he wants he is pretty amazing.
    The plot was cute even if it was bit a predictable. Anyway this is a light cute read that I think everyone should check out.

   I give this book 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna