Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fate Fixed (The Erris Coven Series 1) by Bonnie Erina Wheeler

Title: Fate Fixed (The Erris Coven Series 1)
Author: Bonnie Erina Wheeler
Published: July 21, 2011 by CreateSpace
Number of Pages: 288

Blurb from Goodreads: When Lexie Anderson’s mother suddenly announces she is marrying a Romanian immigrant, Lexie willingly leaves behind her busy life in Connecticut for her penance in “The Moose Capital of the World.” Small town living is strange enough, now Lexie must cope with her overbearing stepfamily monitoring her every move. They disappear into the woods at night and keep a strange secret locked in their shed. Her once calm mother is now having violent outbursts and Lexie’s little sister is hearing sinister sounds coming from the forest behind their new home. Lexie’s biggest surprise comes when she discovers the boy she has been dreaming about since her accident is living in Maine. Despite Torin’s questionable reputation, Lexie cannot resist the physical and emotional attraction pulsating between them. Animals and people in town are turning up dead and Lexie learns the strange new world she lives in has real life monsters. Just when she decides she wants to be with Torin forever, she must fight to protect her mother and sister from being harmed by a formidable evil.

Review:  Okay so first things first, I LOVE the cover of this book. The girl looks so gorgeous being embraced by the guy. The cover is perfect for the book.
    As for the actual book it was a great read. Lexie is an amazing heroine who carries the guilt of her fathers death. When her mom gets married to a man from Romania Lexie doesn't even complain about leaving her closest friend and moving to Maine with her three weird brothers ( and I'm not being mean her brothers are just plain weird.) However, it turns out that the move was a good thing because Lexie meets the man of her dreams...literally. The bad part? Well, she always dies in those dreams, but Lexie isn't the kind of girl who gives up without a fight and she is definitely ready to fight to be with Torin.
    Lexie is an easy heroine to relate to. She tries to get along and not cause any problems and lets things slide that a normal person would throw a fit the size of Everest over. Now, that's not to say she's passive. I would say she is more of a heroine that knows to choose which battles to fight.
    I loved her relationship with Torin, the only thing though was that it was a bit fast moving. I mean don't get me wrong I totally love my mates, fate fixed partners, soul mates whatever you want to call it, but I love seeing a development to the relationship or at least see  the characters getting to know each other before sealing the deal. Anyway the way the relationship moved was a bit fast but I understand Lexie too I mean if I met a guy like Torin who then turns out to be my soul mate  I'm not sure I would play hard to get either.
   Speaking of Torin, I loved reading from his point of view. It's always interesting to see what a guy thinks and well getting inside Torin's head was pretty cool. You could feel how much he loved and needed Lexie and it was a very cute love.
   The plot was sort of predictable but then at the same time not. I knew what the deal with her step brothers was right away but when the revelation came of who exactly was responsible for the murders I was a little shocked even though its something that crossed my mind. This is definitely a book to check out if you like YA paranormal romance.

    I give this book 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna