Thursday, September 13, 2012

Charity Moon by DeAnna Kinney

Title: Charity Moon (Charity,1)
Author: DeAnna Kinney
Published: April 2012 by UR Publishing Inc.
Number of Pages: 307

Blurb from Goodreads: Charity Bell is eighteen, beautiful, and has an unyielding chip on her shoulder. The loss of her father and betrayal of her stepfather have left her angry and confident that no man will ever win her trust, or possess her heart. She wears that declaration proudly--on her countenance, as well as her sharp tongue.
That's all tested when the enchanting Levi Drake transfers from her rival school across town. In a town divided by intense rivalry this should mean trouble, and yet the school is quickly won over by his alluring charm. When a strange encounter with the mysterious young man leaves Charity bewildered, she's convinced he's hiding something and sets out on a dangerous plot to discover his secret. What she uncovers, however, will leave her both grasping for reality and hanging onto the tattered shreds of what's left of her declaration. As she faces the demons of her past, and present, she must decide if she can live, or die, with his.

Review: Okay so I have to be honest, I kind of have an obsession with werewolves. Although I mean come on lets be honest here who wouldn't werewolves have the right amount of charm to them and they also have that alpha feel to it. That's why I didn't hesitate to pick up this book when I read the blurb. Going into this I expected a kick butt heroine and well a pretty hot and swoon worthy male lead. What I got was a lot more.
      Let's start with Charity. I think that she's that girl that every guy in school wants but is too scared to approach because one of two things will happen. Either a) the girl will destroy the guys ego so bad it will take him years to get over it or b) she will punch him in the face for even trying. Yeah if there was a contest for like Miss Universal Ice-Queen Charity practically has the crown in her hand. However, don't get me wrong there is a reason Charity is the way she is. Her situation at home is something that will cause any girl to behave this way. However, as soon as Levi comes along Charity changes. She opens up takes off the her layers and becomes a really sweet heroine that I totally loved.  She tries to see good in everyone though she definitely isn't a Little Miss Sunshine.
   Levi. Drake.  Boy oh Boy... well I guess I should say Werewolf oh Werewolf :)  Where do I start? In a way Levi is your typical Alpha. Protective, possessive, bossy, probably has a little book filled with smart-alecky comments. However, at the same time he is really sweet, and loyal and understanding(for the most part) and just really caring. I guess you could say he was a typical YA hero perfect in every way and there is nothing wrong with that. I mean really, who wants to read about an ugly guy who is a total nobody whose life is extremely boring and who has no idea how to talk to girls? Anyway if you like to read  about the perfect guy that gets your expectations wayyyy up then trust me Levi is your guy.
   The plot was actually pretty good. Sure there were some things that were pretty obvious like the fact that Levi was a werewolf I mean if the fact that he is extremely bossy didn't give it away, then all the growling should have.  Besides that there were certain elements in the story that were totally unpredictable. Like jump out of a jungle smack you in the face and run away kind of unpredictable. 
   Overall if  you like werewolves and a good romance go get this book.

    I give this book 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna