Sunday, May 26, 2013

Envisioned by Nikki Narvaez

Title: Envisioned
Author: Nikki Narvaez
Published: May 10, 2013
Number of Pages: 249

Blurb from Goodreads: Brielle De Luca thought she was just an average girl, despite her nightly dreams of an impending apocalypse, along with a gorgeous man that pulls at her soul.

However, on the night of her 18th birthday, everything changes when she is thrown into the Elemental World, a world where she is supposedly the One that is spoken about in an ancient Prophecy; a Prophecy that states she is the key to preventing an apocalypse.

Now she must learn to control her power over the four elements, all while dealing with the love and intense passion of her bond to the man from her dreams, Jace Vasquez.

Piece of cake, right?


Review:This book got such high reviews  and the blurb sounded amazing so I was  very  excited for it but once I started it I could barely bring myself to finish it. In my opinion the characters were one-dimensional, the dialogue sounded fake and flat and I couldn't get myself into the story. I would find my self reading the same sentence over and over. I think my main issue was with Brielle, she read like a spoiled child to me and every time she would talk instead of focusing on the story in my head I was ranting about how much she irritated me. Though Jace was okay, the relationship moved waaayyy to quick for my liking. However, that is my personal opinion and I love my soul-mate books and I hold high standards when it comes to them and this review should not detain you from reading the book if you're interested.
I give this novel 

1 comment:

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna