Sunday, June 9, 2013

Chase ( Resisting Love 1) by Chantal Fernando and Dawn Martens

Title: Chase ( Resisting Love 1)
Author: Chantal Fernando, Dawn Martens
Published: May 17th, 2013 by Createspace
Number of Pages: 314

Blurb from Goodreads:Moving in with a guy you only met once? Stupid.
But for student Layla Crawford, this was reality.
Chase Jackson is a renowned playboy and self professed commitment phobe, that is until he meets Layla.
Blinded by his intensity to have her, Chase will stop at nothing to make her his.
With a jealous ex and old conquests repeatedly making appearances, Chase' s skeletons come out of the closet one by one, each one pushing Layla further and further away.
Layla is determined to keep her distance. Chase now has to convince the only woman he has ever wanted that he is worth the gamble.

Review:  This book... just ASDFGHJKL
That's all I have to say... Okay so maybe not I think I'll rant a little about how amazing this novel was. This book has drama, tension, roller-coaster of emotions, a possessive sex on a stick hunk of a guy also known as Chase a heroine who has backbone, and humor, I swear this book had me laughing my ass off.
    So the start is kind of typical. Playboy Chase Jackson has everything a twenty five year old guy would ever need and want. He doesn't believe in commitment until he sees Layla  who he knows is a cousin of his friend and he finally wants to have something more that just a one night stand. I know, I know you've heard this before but I swear it get's sooo much better.
     Chase was my most and least favorite character. I have to admit his caveman genes were very pronounced and the whole " Me Chase, you, Layla, my woman, my!!!!!" kind of got annoying I really wanted to shake him sometimes and tell him to stop acting like a dog because I was pretty sure he was going to pee on her to mark territory or something like that. Okay so I'm kidding and Chase does improve A LOT and I mean a lot people. He was pretty amazing to start with but he really let's Layla have her way and basically does a 180 while still keeping some of that possessive attitude just not to that much of an extreme. I love how we see earlier drama in his life and conflicts and how there is depth to his character instead of just a two dimensional presentation of him.
    Layla she's amazing. I love how she wasn't afraid to try her own things, and trust and follow her heart. She took a gamble with Chase and while they had their ups and down she trusted that she made the right decision.  I also love how she didn't just let Chase be a possessive butthead she tried to compromise but she was also able to show him she was her own woman. 
      The plot and pacing in this book was great. There was a lot of drama but it makes the relationship appear very realistic and I suspect if a guy like Chase actually dated a girl like Layla they would have a lot of the similar issues. This is a fun entertaining read that I finished in like a day because it was just that  good. 
    I give this novel

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna