Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall From Grace ( Mad World 1) by Christine Zolendz

Title: Fall From Grace (Mad World 1)
Author: Christine Zolendz
Published: July 22, 2012 by Dark Road Design
Number of Pages: 232

  Blurb from Goodreads: I'm finally home after struggling through my brother's illness and death. But, home is definitely a bit different. My best friend (the only person alive now that knows my secret) has a new boyfriend; and he has a friend. Shane Maxton: bad boy, tattooed rock god, eye candy extraordinaire. He is also New York City's most arrogant, self-serving, son of a, well, a definite one-night stand kind of a guy.
But, it doesn't matter to me because I've spent my existence looking for the love of my life, my angel. And, there is nothing that Shane Maxton can do to change that. 
A paranormal romance.


Review: I have a love hate relationship with this book. Its just..ugh its soo good but then like there were certain parts where was just son angry. Anyway here is my reasoning.
  Okay so basically this is the story of Grace, an ancient soul who has existed since angels fell. She was one of the women the angels fell in love with and her punishment was that she must wander the Earth from one body to another in search of her angel. She is forever, denied access to heaven. Enter Shane Maxton. He's hot, arrogant, plays every instrument know to man oh and he's a total manwhore. So, obviously he become attracted to Grace, who I admit is pretty cool, but still he falls for her and decided to give up his whorish ways and become a better man for her. Except Grace wants nothing to do with him, she wants her Angel and she will find him... that is if she lives long enough to do it.
   Okay so Grace was a cool character even though she was a bit annoying. I mean I understand she was looking for her soulmate/angel but really give the poor guy a chance you never know where life will lead. She was just so stubborn I wanted to slap her sometimes. I mean it was so obvious who was who yet she refused to acknowledge it. Okay besides my mini-rant she was a really cool character. She didn't let anyone push her around and was very protective of her friends. 
   Shane, okay so I'll just admit it this guy made the book. His flirty banter was to die for and though he was a bit of a jerk sometimes I'll admit that he has a reason. I mean if you lost someone you really really loved you would stop believing in love too especially if its been.. Oh I don't  about two thousand years?!? 
    The plot was pretty good. Especially for the part with her angel I mean that was so obvious, I think most people figure it just by reading the blurb. There were definitely some elements that shocked me. However, this is the book you read for the leading man.

   I give Shane Maxton... oh I mean this book 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna