Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Ballad of Aramei (The Darkwoods Trilogy 3) by J.A. Redmerski

Title: The Ballad of Aramei (Darkwoods Trilogy 3)
Author: J.A. Redmerski
Published: November 18, 2012 by J.A. Redmerski
Kindle Edition

Blurb from Goodreads: Everything about Adria Dawson’s life has changed in unimaginable ways: the shattering betrayal of her mother, the fight for her life and sanity…the loss of her humanity. But now Adria must face the ultimate challenge and risk not only her life, but the lives of everyone she loves at the wrathful hands of Isaac Mayfair’s father.

Determined to help unravel a mysterious message deeply rooted in an unhinged mind, Adria becomes obsessed with traveling into Aramei’s turbulent past to see the truth of how the relationships and betrayals between the Mayfair and Vargas bloodlines were formed.

Meanwhile, Adria and the Mayfairs are doing everything they can to smoke out and trap the Praverian traitor. A trip to Providence uncovers not only an old family line who are enemies of the Praverians, but also raises questions about the Praverian’s true agenda.

But the traitor will be caught. People will die. And Adria’s destiny to be the cause of a war will come to pass. But what could a kind and simple girl like Adria Dawson ever do that could be considered an act of war? The landscape of the werewolf world will be forever changed in the climactic conclusion to The Darkwoods Trilogy.

Review: I am a huge fan of this series and I have been waiting literally forever for this book to come out. When I saw that it was released early (as an accident on the part of Amazon and BN.com) I jumped with joy. This book did not disappoint. It was a captivating, heart wrenching edge of your seat read that had me crying and laughing and tearing out my hair all the same time. ( yeah I didn't think that was possible until I read this book either.)
   This book picks up right where Kindred left off. Adria is getting used to her life as a werewolf but of course things are never calm for Adria and Isaac and Isaac's scary as hell alpha werewolf dad decided he's going to use Adria to communicate with Aramei even if it puts Adria at risk. 
    Adria becomes a lot more mature in this book. After the prophecy in the last book saying she will start a war Adria becomes a lot more responsible.  She makes certain choices for the better of others and then puts herself last. She faced a lot in this book. There were so many curve-balls being thrown at this girl I just wanted to give her a hug. She was a great character. She was smart, calculated, she wasn't  overly naive, she definitely wasn't a Mary Sue type of heroine and she wasn't the I'll do exactly opposite of what my  more experienced, better trained boyfriend tells me to do just because I'm an independent woman. She knew what battles to fight and when to step down. I loved her as a heroine and I was so happy when she got her happily ever after.
    Isaac. Oh how I missed my clever, hot, alpha, corny, scarier then hell when pissed off , did I say hot? werewolf. Isaac was perfect in this finale. He had his own demons to fight and decisions to make and I loved how he put Adria first. She was his everything. He stood up to his dad for her. That takes guts. And before you go all it's just his dad how bad can he be? Read this book then come talk to me. His dad is SCARY. Like if that was my father I don't think I would be able to make eye-contact and I definitely wouldn't be able to have a  conversation heck I would be scared to breathe in his presence. So back on track when he stood up to his dad I was all like Isaac be my husband you are perfect.
    The plot was amazing. There were so many twists and turns and so many shocking reveals I don't  think my jaw ever left the floor. It was intense and emotional and this one scene almost had me crying. 
   Basically go get this book and if you haven't read the other two then why are you still here. Go pick up Mayfair Moon and Kindred. Like now.

    I give this stunning finale 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna