Sunday, February 17, 2013

BIrthright ( A Nobleman Novel 1) by Ronda L. Caudill

Title: Birthright ( A Nobleman Novel 1)
Author: Ronda L. Caudill
Published: January 2012 by Ronda Caudill
Number of Pages: 227

Blurb from Goodreads:Nila Jones has been dreaming about a young nobleman from the past; little did she know that he would become a significant part of her present. In this story of young love and fantasy there are horrible details of a past life that Nila discovers. These details will determine whether Nila and her young nobleman will live happily ever after.
Review:  So...much...potential. This is going to be a hard review to write. This book had the premise to make it amazing but the carry out at times was faulty.  The characters were great and all but I couldn't connect with Nila or Blake. They were just characters to me and this is like the worst thing ever because I really didn't care what happened to them.
    Based on the plot alone it was great. Destined lovers must defeat an evil with to be together and fulfill a prophesy... great right? Well the amazing plot kind of got lost in the writing. I mean I'm not a big fan of third point of view omniscient narrations I mean sometimes authors can pull it off but I just don't think it worked here.
    Okay, the romance.  I love my romance. Bust out the sappy, cheesy overly crazy romance I love it all. Which is why I can't believe I'm saying this but the romance was overly sappy. I mean come on they talk to each other like they live in the 16th century. Like he calls her my peasant priestess. My peasant priestess?!? I mean don't you think you there was a better nickname? I mean they are teenagers in the 21st century and they had me rolling my eyes. 

    I give this novel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna