Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest

Title: A Shade of Vampire
Author: Bella Forest
Published: December 14th, 2012
Number of Pages: 147

Blurb from Goodreads: On the evening of Sofia Claremont's seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake.
A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood. 
She is kidnapped to an island where the sun is eternally forbidden to shine.
An island uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet. She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains. 
Sofia's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is the one selected out of hundreds of girls to join the harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal Prince. 
Despite his addiction to power and obsessive thirst for her blood, Sofia soon realizes that the safest place on the island is within his quarters, and she must do all within her power to win him over if she is to survive even one more night.
Will she succeed? ...or is she destined to the same fate that all other girls have met at the hands of the Novaks?

Review: Okay so confession time.. vampire books are my dirty indulgence, yes yes I know vampires? But I mean let's face it we all love a good vampire book, and I say good vampire book where vampires at least behave somewhat like vampires. Okay so with the mini rant out of the way lets move on to the review.
    We start off with Sofia  walking alone at night on the beach ( I know I was basically waiting for something bad to happen.) She gets kidnapped by a vampire and wakes up chained to a wall in a dungeon to find out that she will basically be vampire food or vampire slave to the dreaded and feared dark Prince Derek Novak. 
    Okay so I liked Sofia. At first I did think she was going to be that woe is me type of heroine and just complain the entire novel, but she was brave and I loved how she was willing to help the other girls and she was even willing to stop Derek from doing something he regrets. I liked her she was the ray of sunshine in this dark book. 
   Derek. Well he definitely isn't your typical love interest I'll tell you that. Also he is not the guy you would bring home to meet your parents. He was a vampire. He thirsted for blood, killed without mercy. Even after he meets Sofia those traits don't change. Yes we see a softer side of him but that brutal, dangerous, scary vampire is still there. I thought that was a breath of fresh air. Nowadays, vampires have been basically downgraded to fluffy little bunnies. I mean people come on THEY DRINK BLOOD !!!!!!! So it was nice to see  a more realistic vampire? yeah that's a huge oxymoron anyway, I did get to like Derek and I think he's good for Sofia.
   This was a pretty short novel and you could kind of see where the novel was going to go but it was still very enjoyable and I did like this read. Looking froward to the sequel.

   I give this dark tale 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment please :) It will make me happy so don't be shy and please leave a comment telling me what you think.
xoxo Inna